You know how we do, you can find us rollin’ with the vegans. One such vegan is our homegirl yackattack, who we have to tip our caps to for blessing us with these morsels of meatless magic…
Teriyaki Tofu Quinoa Rolls
Serves 2 (or 4 as an appetizer) | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/3 C. Dry Quinoa, Rinsed
- 1 C. Water or Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 Sheets Nori (Toasted or Raw)
- ½- 8 oz. Package of WestSoy Teriyaki Baked Tofu
- ½ of an Avocado, Sliced Thinly
- ½ of a Carrot, Julienned
- ¼ of a Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thinly
- Optional: Thin Slices of Cucumber
- Place the rinsed quinoa and the water/veg broth in a rice cooker for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is fully cooked. When done cooking, fluff the quinoa lightly with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Lay a bamboo mat or sushi mat flat with a nori sheet on top. Make sure you have a small glass of water handy.
- Spread out half of the quinoa onto the top 1/3 of the nori, then cut the blocks of tofu into 3 slices.
- Lay the tofu upon the quinoa, then top with the avocado, carrot and bell pepper. Carefully roll it all up, pressing firmly so that the roll doesn’t loosen.
- Once it is almost completely rolled, dab some water onto the last remaining edge of nori to make it adhere to the roll and not come loose.
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully slice the roll into 8 pieces.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for the second roll, and serve them with a side of soy sauce and wasabi.